The Madelia Community Hospital & Clinic Auxiliary voted to dissolve due to lack of active membership. Their fund balance was used to purchase two beautiful granite benches located outside the facility front doors, and patient furniture for the radiology department. The Auxiliary would like to express their sincere appreciation to anyone that donated to their causes over the years.
The MCH Auxiliary provided for Madelia Community Hospital & Clinic patients for decades. The Auxiliary was formed in 1955 to mend linens and donate jams and jellies for the hospital along with other amenities that would help make a patient’s stay more comfortable. In later years, the group raised funds to help with the “little things” that make the Madelia Community Hospital & Clinic such a nice facility for patients. They furnished the cable television service for patient rooms, and also small equipment for various departments. The Auxiliary members often volunteered at hospital events.
“The Madelia community should really be proud of the legacy left by the caring women of the MCH Auxiliary,” said Jeff Mengenhausen, CEO of MCHC. “We will continue to provide our patients with as many of the comforts of home as we can during their time with us.”
The MCH Foundation will continue some of the Auxiliary fundraising efforts, like the Tree of Remembrance during the holidays. The Auxiliary-sponsored Tree of Remembrance has been a fixture on the MCHC lawn for years during the winter months. Thank you to the women of the MCH Auxiliary for their contributions in making MCHC what it is today.