Madelia Health is seeking a full-time or part-time Physical Therapist who is interested in providing care for patients across the lifespan in an outpatient, inpatient and home health care setting. Ideal candidates will possess strong clinical knowledge, excellent patient communication skills and a commitment to efficiency, quality of care and the best patient experience. Ability to speak fluent Spanish is desirable.
For the second consecutive year, Madelia Health was named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the country for Patient Experience through the National Rural Health Association.
Location: Madelia, MN
- Evaluate outpatient, inpatients and home health care patients and determine an appropriate plan of care for physical therapy.
- Conducts treatments using appropriate application of physical therapy techniques, education and modalities.
- Documents therapy plan, patient treatment, and patient progress. Delegates responsibility for certain aspects of treatment to PTA and supervises performance.
- Plans and teaches home programs regarding the use of equipment and procedures to be continued by the patient.
- Communicates with physician and other health care staff about patients’ program and progress.
- Attends patient care conferences and discharge planning meetings when appropriate.
- Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy school
- Passing score on the National Physical Therapy Exam
- Must be licensed or ability to obtain a license to practice physical therapy in the state of Minnesota
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
- Background study and pre-employment drug testing required.
Madelia 2,500 pop.
Service area 20,000 pop.
Mankato pop. 85,000 – 24 miles (23 minutes)
Minneapolis pop. 4+ Million – 81 miles (87 minutes)
About Madelia Health
Madelia Health is an independent, nonprofit facility staffed by a team of medical professionals that are committed to providing health care of the highest standards to patients in the Madelia, Lake Crystal and surrounding areas. As a 25-bed acute care hospital, we offer all of the primary health services: Laboratory, Radiology, X-ray, CT, 3D Mammograms, Physical Therapy, Home Care, Emergency Room/Urgent Care, Retail Pharmacy, Ambulance Services and Surgical Care. Our family medical clinics also provides care for patients in all the seasons of their life.
Madelia Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
For more information contact:
Tessie Wyffels, Human Resources / Recruiting
Phone: 507-642-3255 | firstname.lastname@example.org