Your opportunity is right here.
At Madelia Health, we’re excited to have you join our growing family. Our top priority is a positive work environment where engaged employees share decision making and every co-worker is a key to our success. Whether you’re just starting out or have loads of experience, we’re looking for you.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Madelia Health is seeking a full-time Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Madelia Health is an award winning, fully independent, level IV-trauma center and a quickly growing 25-bed critical access hospital. The Madelia Health system has three clinics and currently adding a third, two physical therapy clinics, a retail pharmacy, surgical services, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) services and almost every aspect of healthcare. The CEO will play an integral role in enhancing Madelia Health’s market position, reputation, and visibility as an exemplary rural medical service while maintaining sharp focus on delivering the highest level of quality care and patient experience. We are seeking a strong, self-motivated leader with vision and the ability to gain commitment of others. This position will report directly to the Madelia Health Board of Directors and must work effectively with administration, managers/supervisors, medical staff, Board of Directors and the communities we serve.
Madelia Health was recently named for the second year in a row as one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the country for Patient Experience through the National Rural Health Association for 2020, 2021 & 2022.
- Sets the business strategy and promotes the mission, vision and values of Madelia Health.
- Maintains and promotes a desired culture for the organization built on communication, transparency and trust.
- Leads in evaluation of current services and programs, proposed changes, and expansion of services and programs. Madelia Health is focused on steady and continuous growth.
- The Madelia Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Madelia Health is a Board Member.
- Development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with community that the hospital is located as well as the community leaders.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract and recruit and retain required members of the team, including providers and provide mentoring as needed.
- Cultivate a positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration and cooperation at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the Board of Directors.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, and team building skills, with a participative and empowerment management style.
- A Master’s degree in healthcare or business management (MHA/MBA) or related healthcare field is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a health system and hospital management required.
- Strong financial and operational knowledge and experience within a rural health care setting.
- Prior experience working collaboratively with a Board, with transparency and trust and encouraging open discussion of key issues appropriate to Board levels.
- A proven track record of supporting the development and execution of sustainable growth strategies which support the healthcare needs of the community.
- An understanding and appreciation of complexities with rural healthcare.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire caregivers and providers to achieve optimal results, while keeping caregiver and provider satisfaction high.
Location: Madelia, MN
Job Type: Full-time
Madelia 2,500 pop.
Service area 20,000 pop.
Mankato pop. 85,000 – 24 miles (23 minutes)
Minneapolis pop. 4+ Million – 81 miles (87 minutes)
About Madelia Health
Madelia Health is an independent, nonprofit facility staffed by a team of medical professionals that are committed to providing health care of the highest standards to patients in the Madelia, Lake Crystal and Truman areas. As a 25-bed acute care hospital, we offer all of the primary health services: Laboratory, Radiology, Mobile X-ray, CT, 3D Mammograms, Physical Therapy, Home Care, Emergency Room/Urgent Care, Retail Pharmacy, Ambulance Services and Surgical Care. Our medical clinics also provide care for patients in all the seasons of their life.
Madelia Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
TO APPLY or for more information send resumes to:
Crystal Suiter, Human Resources / Recruiting